Galveston Texas Real Estate | Homes in Galveston | Stanfield Team Let us help you find your castle in the sand.
Galveston island hasn’t always been the laid-back beach town that tourists residents enjoy today. With a rich history of settlement by the Karankawa and Akokisa Indians, the 1528 shipwreck of Cabeza de Vaca, European settlement in 1816, and commandeered by the pirate Jean Lafitte in 1817, Galveston spent it’s earliest years in much turmoil. The port of Galveston was established during the Texas Revolution in 1825 and later was proclaimed the capital of the Republic of Texas in 1836. As a major commercial city and booming port in the 19th Century, Galveston had become known as the “Queen of the Gulf” until the Great Storm of 1900 which still holds the record as the most deadly natural disaster in US history, all but stranded Galveston and nearly wiped it off of the map. At that point, the Port of Houston became the major port of the region and brought the city of Houston to prominence. Galveston slowly rebuilt and recovered, but this time as a tourist hub known for it’s gambling during the prohibition era. Today, Galveston enjoys a reputation as a coastal resort and county seat, boasting a multitude of hotels, shopping, Mardi Gras celebrations, opportunities for higher education, and over 60 historically significant structures listed in the National Registry.
With a mission to educate, engage and empower EACH student for a life of excellence, Galveston ISD is one of the most unique school systems in Texas because it is a district of choice with open enrollment. GISD has no school zones, allowing parents to send their children whichever school best serves their interests and needs and transportation is provided for students to attend the school of their choice. Options for schools include charter schools, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) programs, magnet schools, and a Mega-Magnet High School with four smaller learning communities.
With an estimated 50,000 residents and a median home value that is higher than neighboring Houston, Galveston has a booming housing market! The city reports issuing a steadily growing number of building permits, both residential and commercial. Housing options include a desirable mix of single family homes, townhomes, and condos in varying price ranges.
If you’re looking for a second home, investment property or home on the Island, Galveston could be the place for you! Call us today to explore all that Galveston has to offer.
Use the links below to start your search for Homes in the Galveston Area.
- all Galveston Homes
- Galveston Homes with a pool
- Galveston Homes priced up to $250,000
- Galveston Homes priced $250,000-$400,000
- Galveston Homes priced $400,000-$600,000
- Galveston Homes priced over $600,000
- Jamaica Beach Homes for sale
- Terramar Beach Homes for sale
- Pirates Beach Homes for sale
- Sea Isle Homes for sale
- Tiki Island Homes for sale
- Crystal Beach Homes for sale
- Galveston Area Condos for sale
Contact The Stanfield Team today for more information about Pearland Texas and finding your dream home.
- Friendswood Community Guide | Stanfield Team
- Pearland Community Guide | Stanfield Team
- Clear Lake City Community Guide | Stanfield Team
- League City Community Guide | Stanfield Team
- Webster Community Guide | Stanfield Team
- Alvin Community Guide | Stanfield Team
- Manvel Community Guide | Stanfield Team
- Galveston Community Guide | Stanfield Team